- Oct 8, 2021
- 6 Min
Top 3 Best Lean Canvas Templates to Use for Business Planning
Are you looking for a simple way to keep track of your business priorities and objectives? Do you want to make sure you’re staying on top of everything and not missing out on anything important?
If you’ve never done any kind of planning before, you might not realize just how valuable a tool a lean canvas template can be. A lean canvas helps you keep everything you need to focus on together on one simple plan. It makes it easy to create a simple overview of your key strategic focuses of your business.
Since the lean canvas templates mentioned are free, you don’t need to waste any time or money creating a template of your own.
What is a Lean Canvas Template?
Lean canvas templates are used to plan business strategy. These templates are typically created by teams who are working together to create a vision for the future of their organization.
They are usually based on the concept of lean thinking, which emphasizes simplicity and efficiency over complexity and excess.
The lean canvas methodology was developed by Ash Maurya, as an adaptation of a popular modeling canvas, Business Model Canvas, created by Alexander Osterwalder.
Lean canvas templates are a useful tool for businesses because they allow team members to visualize and share ideas, while keeping the focus on the main goal of the project.
Why Use a Lean Canvas Template?
Lean Canvases are a visual representation of business planning. They allow teams to visualize their strategy, goals, and objectives in a single document. These templates are used by businesses worldwide to plan their future growth.
The advantages of using a lean template include:
- Simplicity – The lean canvas template allows you to quickly create an outline of your company’s strategy without having to spend countless hours writing down every detail. This saves you time and energy.
- Focus – When you have a clear picture of what you want to accomplish, you can better prioritize tasks and resources. You’ll know exactly what needs to be done to reach your goals.
- Accountability – Having a clear understanding of your goals means you won’t miss opportunities to grow your business. If you don’t follow through on your plan, you can always change course later.
- Visibility – Lean canvases help you stay organized and visible throughout your entire process. No matter how many projects you work on at once, you can still easily see all of your progress.
- Transparency – Lean canvases provide transparency to your overall strategy. Everyone knows what you’re trying to achieve, and they can clearly see how you’re going to get there.
Top 3 Lean Canvas Templates You Can Use in Your Business
Here are three lean canvas templates available today that you can use today to create your simplified business plan.
1. Nimbus Platform
The core components of the Nimbus lean canvas template are:
- What are 1–3 problems your business solves?
- Define how those problems are currently solved?
- What solutions are already in the marketplace?
- For each problem you solve, what are possible solutions for them?
- What are the main numbers or indicators that define success for your business?
Unique Value Proposition
- What is a statement that describes how and why what your business provides is different and valuable?
- What is a broad statement that describes the value you provide and how it will benefit your customers?
- What do you offer that automatically associates it to your business, which cannot be replicated by others?
- How will you reach your customers using inbound and outbound marketing strategies?
- Who is your ideal target audience and customer?
- What are the characteristics of the customers who would want your product before it’s available to others?
- What are your fixed and variable costs?
- What are your sources of revenue?
To get a free copy of the Nimbus lean canvas template and start using it today, click here.
The main components of the Miro lean canvas template are:
- What problem does your product or service solve?
- What are the top 3 things that your product or service offers that solve the problem?
Unique Value Proposition
- What makes you different from your competitors?
- How can you ensure no one will copy your product?
- What are your target audience’s needs, and how do they relate to the problem?
- Do you know of any products or services that solve your business problems?
- What factors will indicate your products or services are working well and your business is succeeding?
- Describe your idea using an easy-to-understand analogy.
- Which paths do you need to follow to reach your target audience?
- Describe your ideal client and who will use your products or services right away.
- What are all your operational costs?
- What is your business revenue model?
The main components of the Mural lean canvas template are:
- What is the problem your business solves?
- What makes people want to buy your product?
- Which measurements will show how effective your business is and whether your product is working well?
Unique Value Proposition
- What sets your brand apart from similar brands that already exist?
- What makes your company different from its competitors?
- Where are you planning to promote, market, and sell your product or service?
- Who are you trying to reach with your products or services?
- What costs or expenses do you need to consider?
- Where will your revenue come from?
In conclusion, if you’re looking for a lean canvas template to use for business planning, these templates will help. This tool provides an overview of where you’re going, what obstacles might stand in your path, and how you plan to overcome them. It’s a powerful tool for any entrepreneur, but especially useful for small business owners.
Asynchronous work is becoming the new way of working in progressive workforces. Find out more about asynchronous work and how it can benefit you in this blog post.
If you found this article helpful, please share it so others can benefit too.
Parties other than Nimbus Platform™ may provide products, services, recommendations, or views on the Nimbus Platform™ site (“Third Party Materials”). Nimbus Platform™ is not responsible for examining or evaluating such Third Party Materials, and does not provide any warranties relating to the Third Party Materials. Links to such Third Party Materials are for your convenience and do not constitute an endorsement of such Third Party Materials.