If you’re considering Quip alternatives in 2023, you can find summaries here of a few similar apps, competitors and higher rated features to consider as you compare them.
What is Quip?
Quip is an online collaboration platform for project management and creating, editing and collaborating on documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
Ideally suited for Salesforce customers, Quip is an intuitive tool whose higher rated features are creating, editing, sharing and discussing any type of document, such as spreadsheets, presentations and forms.
Established in 2012, Quip joined Salesforce in 2016 leaving many customers satisfied with this merger.
Pros and Cons of Using Quip
Some of Quip’s higher rated features are:
- Simple Design – Quip looks clean and modern.
- Works on all platforms – Quip works on Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android and Blackberry.
- Many built-in features – Quip has features including project management, task management, spreadsheets, file storage, document versioning, image uploads, commenting, team chat rooms and 1:1 messaging.
- Offers a basic free plan.
- No mobile app – Currently there’s no native mobile application available.
- No offline mode – Currently there’s no satisfied customers saving their work locally without internet access.
- Limited integrations – Integrations are currently limited to services such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Slack, Trello, Asana, Jira, GitHub and a few more, which makes file sharing harder.
- Unable to sync between devices – With no native apps available, you’re unable to synchronize your work across multiple devices, which is not ideal for task management.
- API only for Enterprise customers – Their API feature is only available on the Plus and Advanced plans.
- Not price competitive – Starting from $10/user/month up to $100/user/month, this makes it too expensive for many small to medium-sized businesses for their project management and task management requirements compared to other alternatives.
5 Best Quip Alternatives
1. Nimbus Note powered by Nimbus Platform
Using Nimbus Note powered by Nimbus Platform, you can create portals for clients, teams and organizations, and easily collaborate across platforms. You can also use Nimbus Platform for project management and task management.
Nimbus Note powered by Nimbus Platform continues to evolve leaving customers satisfied with its commitment to improvement.
Below is a summary of some of its higher rated features, which you can compare to other alternatives.
- Powerful editor – Create and edit your content as you wish. Each piece of information stored in Nimbus Platform is movable, which means you can drag and move blocks to display your information the way you prefer. You can manage your blocks in various ways. For example, you can restrict access to certain blocks on pages and give specific permissions to each user or guest.
- Tables – You can use tables for task management, project management and to create database records. Choose from several column types to attach documents, check your progress, keep track of tasks, add links and so forth.
- Super documents – Include different information in a single note, such as images, text, audio and video files, PDF documents and other attached files. You can also embed your Nimbus pages on other sites.
- Integrations – Connect with your favorite tools, such as YouTube, Calendly, Excel, Google Docs, Google Analytics and other platforms to support easy file sharing.
- Easy to share – Your clients or those you work with do not need to have a Nimbus account. You can share pages with them with a link.
- White label – You can customize your organization and workspace appearance with your branding to increase your company’s reputation.
- Work offline and download on any device – Sync across multiple devices and continue working even if you do not have internet access.
- Nimbus Capture – Use this tool to create annotated screenshots and videos. Nimbus Capture is integrated with Nimbus Platform. Use it to improve your visual communication between satisfied customers and team members.
- Nimbus Clipper – Save webpages, articles, emails and PDF files using this feature.
- And so much more.
- Search limited to within workspaces – This is only relevant if you’re using multiple workspaces, however it would be a handy feature to have.
- Cannot drag and sort pages in a folder – Pages are sorted according to creation or editing date. The workaround is to use tags to help with search within a workspace.
- More features needed for a note-taking app – If you prefer a simple note app, Nimbus Note powered by Nimbus Platform may have more than what you need. Nimbus Platform leaves its customers satisfied by evolving beyond just a note-taking app, so you may want to explore other options.
- No formulas within tables – Unlike Microsoft Excel, when you create tables, you cannot include simple formulas within cells.
Despite some disadvantages, Nimbus Note powered by Nimbus Platform still has numerous satisfied customers. Individual users love this app for its many integration options, and businesses love it for its white label solutions. So whatever your needs are, it’s worth looking into.
Do you want to know more about the difference between Nimbus and Quip?
Evernote allows users to store information in searchable notebooks. With an intuitive interface, learning how to use Evernote is quick and easy.
Some of Evernote’s higher rated features include:
- Free – Get started with a free plan.
- Easy to use – You can use it for multiple purposes, such as note-taking or writing blogs.
- Sync across multiple devices – Use on Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android devices.
- Real time collaboration – Get feedback, improve communication and ensure you make your customers satisfied in real time.
- Limited file size – Depending on the subscription plan you’re on, you’re restricted by the file size you can upload.
- Offline access – Notes cannot be accessed while browsing offline.
- Basic search feature – A more robust search feature is needed.
- Archiving feature – It’s often harder to find notes that are older.
- High-priced Premium accounts – Subscription plans are not price competitive, which limits many users to the free plan.
Evernote has become a classic compared to other note-taking apps over the years. But that’s also a minus. Sometimes it fails to evolve as quickly as its newer alternatives.
To compare the higher rated features between Evernote and Nimbus Platform, visit this page. We’ve reviewed everything that may or may not leave customers satisfied to help you make the right choice.
3. Google Docs
Google Docs is a collaborative word processing platform developed by Google. It allows users to create, view, edit and share documents.
Some of Google Doc’s higher rated features include:
- Free to use – Anyone with a Google account has access to Google Docs.
- Use on any device – Works across all devices and on all platforms.
- Search Google within your document – No need to use the Google app to do a quick search.
- Easy file sharing – Share via a link and easily give others access to your documents.
- Hide spelling errors – Focus on your writing without getting distracted by spelling errors, which you can check after you’ve completed your document.
- Basic features – Google Docs is limited to just creating text documents, though Google may satisfy customers with the option to insert images and other files.
- Many features are only available online – This makes it difficult for those who want to work offline.
- Limited notifications – You will not receive a notification whenever a document is updated.
- Cannot link with other cloud-storage services – You can integrate with Google Drive, but not with Dropbox, Box, Mega or other apps. This is harder for file sharing because if you want to share a document through those services, you need to download the file and then upload to your preferred cloud platform.
Google Docs may become a great fit for people whose needs include just office use. Others may complain about the lack of integration options and supported formats. And don’t forget about a good, old data leak.
4. Google Keep
Google Keep is a free online platform to capture and store notes, images, documents, videos, etc.
Some of Google Keep’s higher rated features by satisfied customers include:
- Easy to use.
- Clean, attractive and simple interface.
- Excellent search functionality.
- Linked to your Google Account.
- Syncs across all devices for easy file sharing.
- Add collaborators to any note.
- Limited text formatting options.
- Cannot undo changes.
- Notes take up space in your Google account limit.
- No revision history.
- No notifications are sent when tasks are added.
- No screen or video recording options.
If you need a note-taking app to collect life hacks from all over the internet, Google Keep will please you with how simple it is. Still, it may not satisfy customers with more professional needs. They might not feel free to actively edit their work documents due to limited text formatting options.
To compare the higher rated features between Google Keep and Nimbus Platform, visit this page.
Notion is a cloud-based project management and task management platform with a clean workspace to create wikis, Kanban boards, tables and lists.
Some of Notion’s higher rated features include:
- Free plan that makes it easy to test out for your task management needs.
- User friendly after the initial set-up.
- Clean interface making it easier to organize for task management and project management.
- Sync across all devices for easy file sharing.
- Real-time collaboration to share, assign and comment on tasks.
- Time-consuming to set up initially.
- Hard to keep everything organized and well-structured.
- Inadequate search and navigation function.
- Inconsistent formatting when using copy/paste.
- Insufficient task management and project management features, such as milestones and tracking.
Notion is the newest product on the list, and it already has satisfied customers. However, there are many who find the process of setting up the tool for themselves to be complicated and lengthy. This may become a problem.
To compare the higher rated features between Notion and Nimbus Platform, visit this page.
With so many options to choose from, it’s advisable to compare app’s higher rated features as you do your research to find the platform that will work best for you and/or your team. Making a decision about which app to use will be easier if you try them first. Start with Nimbus Note powered by Nimbus Platform!
It has everything you need for teamwork. Try out the app with your colleagues. Then share your experience directly in the Nimbus chat and make an informed decision together.
Parties other than Nimbus Platform™ may provide products, services, recommendations, or views on the Nimbus Platform™ site (“Third Party Materials”). Nimbus Platform™ is not responsible for examining or evaluating such Third Party Materials, and does not provide any warranties relating to the Third Party Materials. Links to such Third Party Materials are for your convenience and do not constitute an endorsement of such Third Party Materials.