83% of customers feel more loyal to responsive businesses that help solve their issues. You surely want to ensure your company’s success. Being client-oriented and ensuring flawless customer communication is vital. The return on investment you put into a customer service strategy is usually high.
So how can you develop an effective customer communications strategy that fits your business philosophy and meets clients’ expectations? In this article, we’ve prepared a quick round-up of the best practices to help your business retain and engage more people and ensure further clientele growth. Read on to find out more!
What is Customer Communications Strategy
An effective customer communications strategy is a set of actions and approaches that allow you to gather feedback and promptly react to your client’s issues and keep them engaged with your business updates and activities. Around 64% of customers want brands to connect with them. You can use this desire to your mutual benefit and provide flawless service.
So, what are some ways to maintain proper customer service and a well-oiled communications strategy?
- Social media campaigns — it’s not just about choosing the right publications time and targeting ads but delivering valuable information to your loyal and potential customers. Company updates, announcements, important notices and so on keep your audience engaged. Plus, social media can also be an effective customer service channel;
- Consultative selling tactics — this is a relationship-based sales strategy that helps build a more partner-like collaboration between you and your customer;
- After-sales customer service — it’s not enough to just sell a product or service and forget about everyone involved. Now the value of after-sales service is more significant than ever. Ensuring proper customer service and support in case any updates or issues occur is an essential part of effective communication;
- Customer education tools — this is how you help your customers learn more about your business and what you offer. Newsletters, how-to articles, blog posts and other informative content are essential to your communication and service strategy. You should regularly share these tools to increase awareness of what your company is about;
- Online calls and in-person meetings — sharing product and service updates, discussing the pricing strategy and communicating about on-the-spot issues or suggestions are among many things you can do over an online call or a live meeting. It’s flexible and effective for prompt decision-making and problem-solving.
Top Practices for Your Effective Customer Communications Strategy
Now that you know what client communication can look like and how to develop a proper strategy, it’s time to learn how to make it work. We’ve prepared several universal tips to boost brand loyalty and trust in your business and ensure flawless interaction and service for every customer.
Agree on communication levels and customize them
Set up a standardized communications strategy where you describe all the steps of your interaction. This will facilitate making and processing requests, setting up calls and solving on-the-spot questions. Pick the most suitable tools or messengers for fast collaboration so that your customer feels a more personalized interaction.
Arrange regular meetings with your customers
To be sure everything is going smoothly, you should not just arrange meetings or reply to your customer only when there’s a problem. Instead, think of setting up regular calls or online meetings to discuss the flow of your collaboration, get valuable feedback and talk about plans. This way, you will boost your customer’s loyalty and help establish a more trusted relationship.
Be honest and openly talk about issues
It’s unfair and unprofessional to hide information about any failure from your client. Both sides need to be on the same page. Since your customers are also part of your project, they need to know what’s going on. Mistakes happen and discussing them with a customer and even thinking about possible solutions together is fine. Sharing feedback should always be part of your communications strategy and customer service.
No negative or angry responses
Once you see a bad customer review or something that drives you mad, don’t reply immediately. Instead, to show professionalism and willingness to keep the client satisfied, pause and think of a neutral or even more positive response. Asking for clarification will also help you calm down and see if there’s just a misunderstanding in what your customer wrote.
Ensure a Flawless Customer Communications Strategy with Nimbus Platform
Maintaining your customer communications strategy using one unified platform is the best solution. This way, you can keep all data, notes, meeting calendars and other materials in a secure location you can easily access at any time. To help you always keep up and not miss a thing while working with a client, try Nimbus Platform.
Make your perfect client communication strategy a reality with Nimbus Platform™
It’s one of the most innovative ways to provide and store information, develop a personalized communications strategy, and effectively embed any type of file or data you might need to work with. You can try Nimbus Platform for free to enjoy all of its features and enhance your customer collaboration strategy!
Visit Nimbus LinkedIn page to stay updated and read more new articles.