As always, we’ve gathered the best Nimbus Updates of the month to enhance your experience with our products! But just before we jump into the Top April Updates, let’s take a quick look at the highlights of the first quarter of 2021!
Highlights of the first quarter of 2021:
✦ The Nimbus Android Update (Click here to download);
✦ More features for Video Player and the internal Audio Player for Nimbus;
✦ Download permissions and restricting the editing of separate blocks;
✦ Web client, public pages and authorization page customization (for Business accounts);
✦ Possibility to set a preview image for social posting and customize branded emails (for Business accounts);
✦ Clipper for Safari (Download it here);
✦ Possibility to share your visual content created with Nimbus Capture on public pages and add a password to them! (Check out the Nimbus Capture if you haven’t tried it yet!)
If you want to get more details on our Updates in 2021, just check out our previous articles:
If you have just started exploring our product, we highly recommend checking out a series of articles on Medium Introduction to Nimbus Note by our user Darryl Brooks! There, he explores all our core features step by step. The link to the First Chapter is here>>
If you struggle with the organization of notes, watch a video from our other user, David Djurdjevic, where he explains how to take smart notes for studies (The Zettelkasten Method in Nimbus Note).
Now, let’s finally move to our April Updates!
Starting from April 2021, you can:
➤ Use a Hint object to highlight important phrases;
➤ Import notes in HTML format;
➤ Set the expiration date for guest right in the invitation;
➤ Work even more smoothly in the web client;
➤ Use our desktop versions even more efficiently;
➤ Listen to audio files right from your notes on Android;
➤ Choose a destination folder while moving your notes on iOS!
Use a Hint object to highlight important phrases.
As promised in our previous posts, we’ve added a new Hint object to the editor! Now, you can highlight an important text – a notification, a warning, or a hint. You can also select an icon that best suits your intention. To add the object hint, go to the standard object menu and choose Hint.
Import notes in HTML format!
The other long-awaited feature is HTML import to Nimbus! You asked, we delivered!
Before, you could import your notes only from Evernote. To learn about this option, read our blog article Exporting your notes from Evernote>>
Now, you can import your notes from other services such as Notion, Quip, or Bear. To easily import your notes in HTML format, click on the Import button in the left sidebar or go to the Note menu. For the moment, both options are available only on the web.
Set the expiration date for guest right in the invitation (only for Business Accounts)
As you may know, you can add as many guest as you need to your organization without having to pay for them. Guests have limited rights: they are only allowed to join one workspace for some time.
Before, you could only set the expiration date for guest access after a guest accepted the invitation. Now, we’ve added the ability to set the expiration date right in the invitation.
features for Business accounts and compare it with other subscriptions here>>
Work even more smoothly in the web client.
- Fixed problem with empty snippets while loading notes;
- Updated business console;
- Added the ability to set the expiration date for guest access right in the invitation. Before, you could only set it after a guest accepted the invitation.
Use our desktop versions even more efficiently:
- Optimized search function;
- Manual data change is now synchronized on all the devices;
- Automatic app start-up resolved;
- Empty spaces in the notes list fixed.
Listen to audio files right from your notes on Android!
- Before, a new window opened for our audio player; now you can listen to your audio files right from your note!
- Small bugs fixed for Android app.
Choose a destination folder while moving your notes on iOS.
- When moving or copying notes, you can choose not only a destination organization or a workspace, but also a destination folder.
- Small bugs fixed for iOS app.
We’re putting the last touches, and you’ll see in May:
- An outline (or Table of contents) that can be added outside the editor.
- Video and audio recording right from your note in any browser (Firefox and Safari included).
- Search speed optimization: notes indexing in seconds!
We’re continuing our work on:
- Comments in notes;
- Clipper for mobile;
- Custom SMTP server.
Check out our updates in May!