By default, email messages to members of your business organization are sent from the name of Nimbus Note. But you can connect your SMTP server to Nimbus Note and then all messages from the organization (for example, invites or mentions) will be sent from your email address and name.
Custom SMTP server #
Members of your organization will receive emails from your professional email address!
Connect your SMTP server to Nimbus Note and then all messages from the organization workspace (for example, invites or mentions) will be sent from your email address and name 🎉
Provide your clients and teams with a powerful on-brand experience and set yourself apart from others!🤩
Please note: this feature is a part of the White-Label solution and is available only for the Business plan.
What is SMTP and how to set it up? #
An SMTP server is used to transmit e-mail for the information exchange on the Internet.
If you don’t have your own SMTP server yet, you can configure it. Here are some articles that you can read about setting up your SMTP server:
How to configure an SMTP server – https://www.serversmtp.com/smtp-configuration/
Set Up SMTP Server. Step-by-Step Guide – https://mailtrap.io/blog/setup-smtp-server/
GMail SMTP Server (Google) – How to Configure & Send Emails for Free? – https://www.siteground.com/kb/gmail-smtp-server/
Yahoo SMTP configuration – https://serversmtp.com/smtp-yahoo/
Hotmail SMTP configuration – https://serversmtp.com/smtp-hotmail/
And the short one, but useful video:
How to add your SMTP server to Nimbus Note #
Let’s assume that you already have an SMTP server and you know its settings. Now let’s try to add it to Nimbus Note.
1) Go to your organization’s settings – https://teams.nimbusweb.me
2) In the SMTP server option, select Custom server –
3) The server settings will open, where you will need to fill in the following data:
- Server address – SMTP server address.
- Port – server port.
- Login / Password – login and password to the SMTP server (all data is encrypted)
- Sender email – the email address from which emails will be sent to members of the organization. We highly recommend using the same email that you specified for the login.
- Sender name – The name that will be specified as the Sender.
- Type – here you need to select the type of connection. Usually, this is SSL.
After all the data is entered, click on Save to save the server settings. Now, you can check the SMTP server – for this, for example, you can mention any workspace member in a page and check from which email the notification was received.
How to change SMTP server settings? #
It’s very easy to do this! Open the settings of your organization again and click on Open Settings, then change the settings to the desired ones.
How to return to SMTP from Nimbus Note? #
If you don’t want to use your SMTP server, then you can return to the SMTP server from Nimbus Note. To do this, you need to open the settings of your organization and switch to Nimbus Note Server, and then save the changes.
SMTP from Gmail/GSuite does not work for me. Why? #
Most likely, you have not enabled IMAP, or security settings are not configured.
Turn on IMAP #
- Open your Gmail and click on the settings icon. Next, select See all settings –
2) Open the Forwarding and POP / IMAP tab and enable IMAP –
3) Save changes –
Give access to the account for “Less secured” applications #
For SMTP to work correctly, you need to give access to third-party applications. You can find detailed instructions here –https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255